Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So Weird


I was just plotting my next poem - the theme to center around The London Blitz - and what is the first article on New York Times' Books section of their website?

Oh, just a book review about WWII poetry, particularly that of air bombing .... It's a creepy sign. I love those.

UPDATE: If this isn't creepy enough, check out what happened last night (for clarification, last night is the same day I wrote the above, so it's über creepy, okay?):

At the recommendation of the pictured book, I started reading a little TS Eliot (he's a big player in WWII poetry, so I figured, Inspiration, eh?). Then I moseyed around, played with the kid, put him to sleep, then started my "Mad Men" night cap (like I do every night), but something eerily coincidental happens, something out of the ordinary: I get another sign. The character, Kinsey, is lying on his back reciting:

This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends.
This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang but a whimper.

You know what that's from? No? "The Hollow Men" by TS Eliot. The end.


No comments:

Post a Comment