Friday, March 19, 2010

Middle O' the Week Musical Happenings

Concerts in the middle of the week? I usually say no. I do. But when such a rare occasion as both Muse AND Black Rebel Motorcycle Club coming to town occurs, I say yes. YES YES YES.

So here's the dizzle: I bought tickets to Muse for mis amigas' Xmas presents - I know, good friend, huh? - which took place on Wednesday night. Silver Sun Pickups opened. We jetted over to Ft. Worth after some minor traffic scares, settled into the hotel, walked over for some burgers and beer, then back to the hotel to get ready. Thank God for Deandra, because she booked us this hotel that was within walking distance to EVERYTHING - well, everything we wanted to frequent. Right next to the concert and a couple blocks away from bars. Woohoo!

The concert was pretty cool. Silver Sun Pickups were good, but I'm not a huge fan of theirs. I know a lot of people are. They put on a good show, but I have an inkling they're better-suited for smaller venues. They just don't put on a wow show, and you gots to if you're playing for thousands. Muse puts on a wow show. Insane. See below for ridiculous tower projectors/platforms, nuts-o light show, and just overall badassness. We had fun. Then went out - St. Patty's day, keep in mind. Yeah, so beaut-ee-ful night with my girls. Glad they could come.



Night Two: Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. Kickass, I say, kickass! They are a new favorite of mine. And I was super excited to see them, because I'm just now getting into them. So my style. Anyway, my friends could not come. Not a one of 'em. Busy busy busy. So, I invited people from work. Busy. Invited people on Facebook. No such luck. Finally I had to beg my sister to go with me, and she obliged - she always does. Then her boyfriend came with us. Now, my sister and her bf are NOT rock n rollers. They like country, folk, singer-songwriters. But they still came. What sweetie pies! I've got to say, even though I didn't have my spectacular friends who would have enjoyed the show there, I still think that Black Rebel Motorcycle Club is in my top three favorite concerts. They did their thing. And I liked it. Can't wait to see them again. Hopefully next time, I can bring my lovely friends who would totally get a kick out of these guys (and gal, sometimes). Here is another video for your viewing pleasure:


Oh my, they're cool :) Live long and prosper, boys (and gal, sometimes).

Had a blast this week!



2 comments:

  1. MANNN. boohoo. i wish wish wish i could have gone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am officially a BRMC nut. wowza cool show

    ReplyDelete